We are The Textured Room, a trading company headquartered in Lewes, East Sussex. Your use of this website and any order you place through this website are subject to the following terms of business.
1. SALE OF GOODS
- These terms and your order comprise the agreement between you and us for the sale of the goods. Any amendments that agreement must be formally confirmed in writing. You need to ensure you are happy with these terms before you submit your order because our agreement will be governed by the terms once a contract comes into force between us.
- Any photographs or descriptions we use on our website are used exclusively to provide you with an approximate idea of the item we are selling, and do not form part of the contract between you and us for the sale of the goods.
- Your order is an offer by you to enter into a legally binding contract that we may accept or decline at our discretion.
- These terms shall become binding on both parties when we issue you with confirmation of purchase at which point we shall both enter into a contract.
- You may cancel your order in accordance with your rights under UK law.
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms from time to time. You will be subject to the terms in force at the time that you order the goods from us.
2. THE GOODS
- We always try to describe all items as fully and accurately as possible, to the best of our knowledge, providing as much history, age and detail as we know, alongside a full description of any notable defects or faults. However, it should be noted that the items that we are selling are vintage or antique so in most cases items may have some age-related wear and tear or other issues normally associated with years of use or age which form a part of the appearance and nature of a vintage item. Small signs of wear are normal and appropriate to the items’ authenticity. By placing an order, you are deemed to acknowledge the vintage nature of the goods we are selling.
- We will take all reasonable steps to pack the goods properly and to ensure that you receive your order in good condition.
- We shall not be liable for any defect in the goods arising from wear and tear, wilful damage, accident and/or negligence by you or any third party.
3. HEALTH AND SAFETY
- The goods we sell are genuine and original products that were manufactured before today’s health and safety standards. We do not guarantee or imply any guarantee of compliance with health and safety standards or fitness for any purpose. All original vintage products are clearly marked as such in the product description with an approximate date of manufacture.
- For electrical items in particular, while they may be perfectly safe for use, vintage electrical goods are unlikely to meet current UK standards that can change from time to time. We recommend that all electrical goods are inspected, tested, certified and installed by a qualified electrician who can ensure that the items and their use are protected by an RCD. We will not be liable for any loss, injury or death caused by electrical goods that have not been inspected, tested and certified by a qualified electrician.
- Collection: All items are available for inspection and/or collection from our site just outside Lewes, East Sussex.
- Delivery: delivery arrangement are set out in the ‘Delivery’ section of this website. However, if you arrange your own delivery, and even if we help you with this, you will need to pay the courier or shippers direct and communicate directly with them once the goods have left our site. You will need to take out your own insurance if you consider appropriate for all items sent by us through Parcelforce or Royal Mail because neither operator offers cover that includes antiques, furniture or art – these are excluded. Items picked up by your own delivery companies or sent by third party delivery services recommended by us are not covered by us in terms of insurance. Delivery agents should all have their own insurance options and you will need to confirm this with them.
- We are happy for you to arrange collection of items personally. Unless we have agreed otherwise, orders not collected within three weeks will incur storage fees at a rate of £7 per week. The same fees will be applied where third party delivery is delayed, unless there has been prior agreement to the contrary.
- For smaller items where we arrange delivery, we will aim to ship your order within five working days of it being placed. Where this is not possible, we will liaise with you and arrange alternative dates.
- If you have not taken delivery of the goods within six weeks of our notifying you that they are ready, we may, after giving you reasonable prior notice in writing, resell or otherwise dispose of part or all of the goods and, after deducting reasonable storage and selling costs, pay you for any excess over the price of the goods or charge you for any shortfall below their price.
- In the unlikely event that the goods delivered do not conform to these terms and the order, please let us know as soon as possible after receipt.
- Freight items delivered via third party delivery services must be checked thoroughly and approved by you when you take receipt of them and any problems notified to the driver at the time of delivery.
- Subject as set out herein, we may ask you to return the goods to us within 14 days and once we have checked that the goods are faulty, we may:
- provide you with a full or partial refund (including shipping costs); or
- replace the goods; or
- repair the goods.
- These terms will apply to any repaired or replacement goods we supply to you.
- It is your right to cancel your order any time from placing the order until seven 7 working days from the day after delivery. If such cancellation is made, we will not be responsible for your costs in returning unwanted goods.
- All returns should be notified to us before sending and unwanted goods must be returned within 14 days of delivery. Goods must be returned in the same condition they were sent out and arrangements for delivery of returns must be notified to us.
6. TITLE AND RISK
- For small items we undertake to deliver to you and for which payment is made at the time of purchase from our website, the goods will be your responsibility from the time you take delivery of them.
- For freight items sent via third party delivery services, the goods will cease to be our responsibility from the time they leave our site.
- Ownership of the goods will only pass to you when we receive payment in full of all sums due for the goods, including delivery charges where applicable.
For items to be sent overseas, the buyers must make their own delivery arrangements and we will not be liable for any export or import duties, taxes etc. arising as a result of the goods being sent.
Payment for all goods must be made in advance by credit or debit card at the time of ordering. We accept payment by debit or credit cards or PayPal. At our discretion, we may accept bank transfers, cash or personal cheques.
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The data we collect
When you buy items from this website, we will ask you to submit the following personal details: your name, your address for billing and for delivery address, your email address and telephone number and your debit/credit card details. This allows us to fulfil your purchase.
How we will contact you
Either by phone, text or telephone to resolve issues relating to your purchase and delivery
Who we will give your data to
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who perform functions on our behalf such as shipping and banks that process your payments. We will only provide these companies with the information which they need to carry out their services and they will not be permitted to use the information for other purposes.
You also acknowledge and agree that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose personal information relating to you to other third parties where there is a need to conform to any requirements of law or to comply with any legal process, to prevent and detect fraud and to protect and defend our rights and property.
How we will use your data
In addition to order fulfilment and deliveries, we may use your personal information to:
- resolve disputes, calculate and collect fees, and troubleshoot problems.
- verify your identity and the information you provide.
- encourage a safe online experience and enforce our terms and conditions.
- improve our products/services and customer experience and inform you about our products/services and updates.
- provide you with information that may affect your use of our products/services.
- communicate marketing and promotional offers to you.
Your data and cookies
When you use this website, cookies associated with thetexturedroom.co.uk are stored in your web browser, and we automatically collect certain data about your device, including information about your IP address and web browser and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. We also collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms may have directed you to our website and other information about how you interact with our website. This information helps us ensure we offer the right sort of items in the right way, but it will always remain anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally.
Your data and your rights
Your rights include the right to access personal information we may hold about you and to ask for corrections to or deletions of your personal information that we hold. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make such changes or deletions.
How long we will keep your data
When you place an order through thetexturedroom.co.uk, we will keep your data for our records unless you ask us to delete it, which we will do. This can be done by emailing us at email@example.com.
By subscribing to our mailing list you have given consent for us to store your email address that is managed by MailChimp. We will not share your information with any third parties and you may unsubscribe from the mailing list whenever you wish by emailing us with UNSUBSCRIBE as the email title and include your name and email address in the body of the email. We will then remove you from the mailing list. We are committed to protecting your data, but in the unlikely event of the breach of our database, we will contact you to make you aware of this.